Music on CD
- All music CDs are cataloged within one of thirteen genres (see below).
- Music CDs are shelved alphabetically by genre.
- Each genre is further alphabetized by band name or artist's/composer's last name (World Music is arranged first by country of origin, then by artist).
|Garage Rock||Live Recordings||New Age||Zydeco|
Search Classical Music
|Baroque||Concertos||Hyperion Records||Minimal Music||Sacred|
Search by Instrument
Music by Decade
Books about Music and Musicians
Magazines and Journals at the Library
- The library owns literally thousands of magazines and newspapers in print, microfiche, microfilm, and electronic formats. These magazines are located in the Reading Room, our Youth Services Department, the Grand Rapids History and Special Collections Department, and our Retrieval Desk at the Main library, as well as at each of our branches.
- Search our catalog for specific titles.
- Search our databases for full-text articles and citations from thousands more magazines and newspapers. Check MeL (the Michigan eLibrary) to find out if a magazine's full-text articles are included in a database.